Mary Oliver, from the book A Thousand Mornings (via fishingboatproceeds)
Boy advice from someone who made the same mistakes too often (via guiseofgentlewords)
need these reminders, no matter how common sense they may seem.
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back."
In the spirit of intl women’s day
Is it possible to be innocent and jaded at the same time?
I feel like I always look for the angles people use,
but, at the same time I see goodness in hearts of even the worst.
Maybe I can’t make up my mind.
Pippi Longstocking (1997)
(107/365) by (DS)
i really, really like this.
What am I doing? like, what on earth??
If you like this list of life hacks, follow ListOfLifeHacks for more like it